Hotpoint HHC 6.7F LT X 60cm Ariston Hood Instruction Manual
Instructions for use
- Before any cleaning or maintenance operation, disconnect the hood from the mains by removing the plug or disconnecting the mains’ electrical supply.
- Always wear work gloves for all installation and maintenance operations.
- This appliance can be used by children aged 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- Children shall not be allowed to tamper with the controls or play with the appliance.
- Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- The premises where the appliance is installed must be sufficiently ventilated when the kitchen hood is used together with other gas combustion devices or other fuels.
- The hood must be regularly cleaned on both the inside and outside (AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH).
- This must be completed in accordance with the maintenance instructions provided. Failure to follow the instructions provided regarding the cleaning of the hood and filters will lead to the risk of fires.
- Do not flambé under the range hood.
- Do not remove filters during cooking.
- For lamp replacement use only the lamp type indicated in the Maintenance/Replacing lamps section of this manual. The use of exposed flames is detrimental to the filters and may cause a fire risk, and must therefore be avoided in all circumstances. Any frying must be done with care in order to make sure that the oil does not overheat and ignite.
CAUTION: Accessible parts of the hood may become hot when used with cooking appliances.
- Do not connect the appliance to the mains until the installation is fully complete.
- With regards to the technical and safety measures to be adopted for fume discharging it is important to closely follow the regulations provided by the local authorities.
- The air must not be discharged into a flue that is used for exhausting fumes from appliances burning gas or other fuels.
WARNING! Failure to install the screws or fix the device in accordance with these instructions may result in electrical hazards.
- Do not use or leave the hood without the lamp correctly mounted due to the possible risk of electric shocks.
- Never use the hood without effectively mounted grids.
- The hood must NEVER be used as a support surface unless specifically indicated.
- Use only the fixing screws supplied with the product for installation or, if not supplied, purchase the correct screw type.
- Use the correct length for the screws which are identified in the Installation Guide.
- In case of doubt, consult an authorized service assistance center or similarly qualified person.
Once installed, packaging waste (plastic, styrofoam parts, etc.) must be stored out of reach of children – the risk of suffocation.
Do not use the appliance when you are wet or barefoot.
Never use steam cleaning equipment – the risk of electric shock.
The hood can look different from that illustrated in the drawings in this booklet. The instructions for use, maintenance, and installation, however, remain the same.
Closely follow the instructions set out in this manual. All responsibility, for any eventual inconveniences, damages, or fires caused by not complying with the instructions in this manual, is declined. This appliance is intended to be used in households and similar applications such as: – staff kitchen areas in shops, offices, and other working environments; – farm houses; – clients in hotels, motels, and other residential type environments; – bed and breakfast type environments.
- It is important to conserve this booklet for consultation at any moment. In the case of sale, cession, or move, make sure it is together with the product.
- Read the instructions carefully: there is important information about installation, use, and safety.
- Do not carry out electrical or mechanical variations on the product or on the discharge conduits.
- Before proceeding with the installation of the appliance verify that there are no damaged components. Otherwise, contact your dealer and do not proceed with the installation.
- The minimum distance between the supporting surface for the cooking equipment on the hob and the lowest part of the range hood must be not less than 50cm from electric cookers and 65cm from gas or mixed cookers.
If the instructions for installation for the gas hob specify a greater distance, this must be adhered to.
The main power supply must correspond to the rating indicated on the plate situated inside the hood. If provided with a plug connect the hood to a socket in compliance with
current regulations and positioned it in an accessible area, after installation. If it is not fitted with a plug (direct mains connection) or if the plug is not located in an accessible area, after installation, apply a double pole switch in accordance with standards which assures the complete disconnection of the mains under conditions relating to overcurrent category III, in accordance with installation instructions.
Mains voltage and frequency
Refer to the rating indicated on the plate inside of the hood
Replacing the power cable
The hood is provided with a special power cable; if the cable is damaged, request a new one from Technical Service.
(for the suction versions)
Connect the hood and discharge holes on the walls with a diameter equivalent to the air outlet (connection flange). Using the tubes and discharge holes on walls with smaller dimensions will cause a diminution of the suction performance and a drastic increase in noise. Any responsibility in the matter is therefore declined.
! Use a duct of the minimum indispensable length.
! Use a duct with as few elbows as possible (maximum elbow angle: 90°).
! Avoid drastic changes in the duct cross-section.
! The company declines any responsibility whenever these regulations are not respected.
FILTERING OR DUCTING?
! Your cooker hood is ready to be used in the suction version.
To use the hood in the filtering version the special ACCESSORY KIT must be installed. Check on the first pages of this manual if the ACCESSORY KIT is furnished or must be bought separately.
Note: If furnished, in certain cases, the additional activated carbon filtering system may be installed on the hood. Information about the conversion of the hood from suction version to filtering version is present in this manual.
In this case, the fumes are conveyed outside of the building by means of a special pipe connected with the connection ring located on top of the hood.
The exhausting pipe is not supplied and must be purchased apart. The diameter of the exhausting pipe must be equal to that of the connection ring.
If the hood is supplied with an active charcoal filter, then it must be removed.
The aspirated air will be degreased and deodorized before being fed back into the room. In order to use the hood in this version, you have to install a system of additional filtering based on activated charcoal.
The hood is fitted with a control panel with aspiration speed selection control and a light switch to control cooking area lights.
To select hood functions, simply touch the controls:
T1. Button ON/OFF suction motor
T2. Button to select a medium suction speed (power)
T3. Button to select a high and intensive suction speed (power)
Press once to select a high suction speed (power) (LED T3 on);
Press again to select an intensive suction speed (power) (LED T3 flashing).
Note: The intensive suction (power) speed lasts for approximately 5 minutes, then the high suction speed (power) is set automatically.
T4. Automatic shutdown button (Timer) and saturation indicator for charcoal filter:
Press this button to set the automatic shutdown of the active suction speed (power):
Silent suction speed (power): 20 minutes
Medium suction speed (power): 15 minutes
High suction speed (power): 10 minutes
Saturation indicator charcoal filter
When flashing, perform maintenance of the charcoal filter, if installed, then keep the button T1 pressed for a long time to stop the flashing.
T5. Button to select ‘silent’ suction speed (power) and saturation indicator for grease filter
Note: when flashing, perform maintenance of the grease filter; then keep the button T1 pressed for a long time to stop the flashing.
T6. Button ON/OFF lighting
T2+T3+T4 flashing: automatic operation under high-temperature conditions (see relevant paragraph)
Activation of the charcoal filter saturation indicator This indicator is normally deactivated. To activate it, proceed as follows:
With the hood off, press and keep pressing simultaneously T2 and T3: T3 starts flashing first, then T2 as well, to indicate successful activation.
Deactivation of charcoal filter saturation LED: repeat the operation described above; T3 and T2 start flashing, then only T3 to indicate successful deactivation.
Automatic operation under high-temperature conditions
The hood is equipped with a sensor that detects the temperature. When this becomes too high, the sensor automatically turns on the medium suction speed (power). The hood turns off as soon as the temperature detected by the sensor is lowered significantly.
Clean using ONLY a cloth dampened with neutral liquid detergent. DO NOT CLEAN WITH TOOLS OR INSTRUMENTS. Do not use abrasive products. DO NOT USE
Perimeter aspiration panel
Clean the perimeter aspiration panel with the same frequency as the anti-grease filter, using a cloth and not too concentrated liquid detergent. Do not use abrasive substances.
Maintenance of the anti-grease filters
Traps cooking grease particles.
This must be cleaned once a month (or when the filter saturation indication system – if envisaged on the model in possession – indicates this necessity) using non-aggressive detergents, either by hand or in the dishwasher, which must be set to a low temperature and a short cycle. When washed in a dishwasher, the grease filter may discolor slightly, but this does not affect its filtering capacity. To remove the grease filter, pull the spring release handle.
Maintenance of the charcoal filter
It absorbs unpleasant odors caused by cooking.
The saturation of the charcoal filter occurs after more or less prolonged use, depending on the type of cooking and the regularity of cleaning the grease filter. In any case, it is necessary to replace the cartridge at least every four months (or when the filter saturation indication system – if envisaged on the model in possession – indicates this necessity). The charcoal filter may NOT be washed or regenerated.
Hook the charcoal filter at the back on the metal tongue of the hood first, then on the front with the two knobs.
Remove the charcoal filter by turning the knobs and fixing it to the hood by 90°.
The hood is equipped with a lighting system based on LED technology.
The LEDs guarantee optimum lighting, duration up to 10 times longer than the traditional lamps, and allow to save 90% electrical energy.
To replace lights, contact the authorized spare part center.
- This appliance is marked according to the European directive 2012/19/EC – UK SI 2013 No.3113 on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).
- By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of this product.
- The symbol
on the product, or on the documents accompanying the product, indicates that this appliance may not be treated as household waste. Instead, it should be taken to the appropriate collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. Disposal must be carried out in accordance with local environmental regulations for waste disposal.
- For further detailed information regarding the process, collection, and recycling of this product, please contact the appropriate department of your local authorities or the local department for household waste or the shop where you purchased this product.
An appliance designed, tested, and manufactured according to:
- Safety: EN/IEC 60335-1; EN/IEC 60335-2-31, EN/IEC 62233.
- Performance: EN/IEC 61591; ISO 5167-1; ISO 5167-3; ISO 5168; EN/IEC 60704-1; EN/IEC 60704-2-13; EN/IEC 60704-3; ISO 3741; EN 50564; IEC 62301.
- EMC: EN 55014-1; CISPR 14-1; EN 55014-2; CISPR 14-2; EN/IEC 61000-3-2; EN/IEC 61000-3-3. Suggestions for correct use in order to reduce the environmental impact: Switch ON the hood at minimum speed when you start cooking and kept it running for a few minutes after cooking is finished. Increase the speed only in case of a large amount of smoke and vapor and use boost speed(s) only in extreme situations. Replace the charcoal filter(s) when necessary to maintain a good odor reduction efficiency. Clean the grease filter(s) when necessary to maintain a good grease filter efficiency. Use the maximum diameter of the ducting system indicated in this manual to optimize efficiency and minimize noise.
If something appears not to be working properly, do the following simple checks before calling Technical Service:
- If the hood is not working:
– The power has not been disconnected.
– A speed has been selected.
- If the hood performs inefficiently:
– The motor speed selected is sufficient for the amount of smoke and vapors released.
– The kitchen is sufficiently ventilated to allow air intake.
– The charcoal filter is not worn (hood in filtering version).
- If the hood has turned off during normal functioning:
– The power has not been disconnected.
– the omnipolar disconnection device has not tripped.
If the hood fails to operate correctly, briefly disconnect it from the mains power supply for almost 5 sec. Then connect it in again and try once more before contacting the Technical Assistance Service.
|Ø of the exhaust tube (cm)
|59,8 – 89,8-89.8
Components not provided with the product
You can download the Safety Instructions, User Manual, Product Fiche, and Energy data by:
- Visiting our website docs.whirlpool.EU
- Using QR Code
- Alternatively, contact our After-sales Service (See phone number in the warranty booklet). When contacting our After-sales Service, please state the codes provided on your product’s identification plate.
LIB0160815C Ed. 01/22