Brother DCP-1200W Compact 3-In-1 Mobile Managed Color Inject Printer User Guide
brother DCP-1200W Compact 3-In-1 Mobile Managed Color Inject Printer
Not all models are available in all countries.
The latest manuals are available at the Brother Solutions Center: solutions.brother.com/manuals
Watch our FAQ Videos for help with setting up your Brother machine: solutions.brother.com/videos
Unpack the machine and check the components
Read the Product Safety Guide first, then read this Quick Setup Guide for the correct installation procedure.
• The components included in the box and the AC power plug may differ depending on your country.
• The illustrations in this Quick Setup Guide are based on the MFC‑L2740DW.
• You must purchase the correct interface cable for the interface you want to use.
Use a straight‑through Category 5 (or greater) twisted‑pair cable for 10BASE‑T or 100BASE‑TX Fast Ethernet Network.
Secure Network Access
Your machine’s default password is on the label on the back of the machine (preceded by “Pwd”).
We strongly recommend you change it to protect your machine from unauthorised access.
Quick Setup Guide
- Remove the packing materials and install the toner cartridge
- Load paper in the paper tray
- Connect the power cord and turn on the machine
- Select your country/language (Initial setup only)
After turning on the machine, you may be required to set your country or language (depending on your machine).
If required, follow the on‑screen instructions.
- Select your language (If needed) (Only for certain models)
- On the machine’s Touchscreen, press (Settings) > All Settings > Initial Setup > Local Language.
- Press your language.
- Press .
- Connect the machine to your computer/mobile device
- Windows® PC with a CD‑ROM drive, go to step 6A
- Windows® PC without a CD‑ROM drive, go to step 6B
- Macintosh, go to step 6B
- Mobile device users, go to step 6C
Configuration using the CD‑ROM (Windows®)
Configuration without using the CD‑ROM (Windows® without CD‑ROM drive or Macintosh)
Download the full driver and software package from the Brother Solutions Center.
(For Windows®) solutions.brother.com/windows
(For Macintosh) solutions.brother.com/mac
After you download the driver and software package, follow the on‑screen instructions until the Connection Type screen appears. Refer to 6A Configuration using the CD-ROM (Windows®).
Wireless setup for mobile devices
Connect the machine and wireless LAN access point/router from the machine’s control panel.
NOTE: Before you can use your machine with your mobile device, download “Brother iPrint&Scan.”
Print and scan using your mobile device
Download “Brother iPrint&Scan” to start using your machine with mobile devices.