Brother MFC-L2700D MonoChrome Laser Multi Function Printer Installation Guide
brother MFC-L2700D MonoChrome Laser Multi Function Printer
Unpack the machine and check the components
Read the Product Safety Guide first, then read this Quick Setup Guide for the correct installation procedure.
- The components included in the box and the AC power plug may differ depending on your country.
- The illustrations in this Quick Setup Guide are based on the MFC‑L2700DW.
- You must purchase the correct interface cable for the interface you want to use.
We recommend using a USB 2.0 cable (Type A/B) that is no more than 2 metres long.
Use a straight‑through Category 5 (or greater) twisted‑pair cable for 10BASE‑T or 100BASE‑TX Fast Ethernet Network.
Secure Network Access
Your machine’s default password is on the label on the back of the machine (preceded by “Pwd”).
We strongly recommend you change it to protect your machine from unauthorised access.
Remove the packing materials and install the toner cartridge
Load paper in the paper tray
Connect the power cord and turn on the machine
Select your country/language
(Initial setup only)
After turning on the machine, you may be required to set your country or language (depending on your machine).
If required, follow the on‑screen instructions.
Select your language (If needed) (Only for certain models)
- (DCP model)
- a. Press Menu.
- b. Press ▲ or ▼ to display General Setup, and then press OK.
- c. Press ▲ or ▼ to display Local Language, and then press OK.(MFC model) Press Menu, 0, 0.
- Press ▲ or ▼ to select your language, and then press OK.
- Press Stop/Exit.
Connect the machine to your computer/mobile device
- Windows® PC with a CD‑ROM drive, go to step 6A
- Windows® PC without a CD‑ROM drive, go to step 6B
- Macintosh, go to step 6B
- Mobile device users with a WPS/AOSS™‑supported access point/router, go to step 6C
Configuration using the CD‑ROM (Windows®)
NOTE: If the Brother screen does not appear automatically, go to Computer (My Computer). (For Windows® 8: click the (File Explorer) icon on the taskbar, and then go to Computer.) Double‑click the CD‑ROM icon, and then double‑click start.exe.
Follow the on‑screen instructions to continue installation until either the Connect the machine or the Connection Type screen appears.
- Connect the machine: Follow the on‑screen instructions to continue the installation.
- Connection Type:
Wireless Network Connection
Configuration without using the CD‑ROM (Windows® without CD‑ROM drive or Macintosh)
Download the full driver and software package from the Brother Solutions Center.
(For Windows®) solutions.brother.com/windows
(For Macintosh) solutions.brother.com/mac
After you download the driver and software package, follow the on‑screen instructions until the Connection Type screen appears. Refer to 6A Configuration using the CD-ROM (Windows®).
One‑push wireless setup for mobile devices (Wireless models only)
If your wireless LAN access point/router supports automatic wireless (one‑push) setup (WPS/AOSS™), you can set up your machine without using a computer.
Wireless setup is now complete.
NOTE: Before you can use your machine with your mobile device, download “Brother iPrint&Scan.”
Print and scan using your mobile device
Download “Brother iPrint&Scan” to start using your machine with mobile devices.