Candy FCT855NXL1 Oven Instructions
- During cooking, moisture may condense inside the oven cavity or on the glass of the door. This is a normal condition. To reduce this effect, wait 10-15 minutes after turning on the power before putting food inside the oven. ln any case, the condensation disappears when the oven reaches the cooking temperature.
- Cook the vegetables in a container with a lid instead of an open tray.
- Avoid leaving food inside the oven after cooking for more than 15/20 minutes.
- WARNING: the appliance and accessible parts become hot during use. Be careful not to touch any hot parts.
- WARNING: the accessible parts can become hot when the grill is in use. Children should be kept at a safe distance.
- WARNING: Ensure that the appliance is switched off before replacing the bulb, to avoid the possibility of electric shocks.
- WARNING: in order to avoid any danger caused by the accidental resetting of the thermal interruption device, the appliance should not be powered by an external switching device, such as a timer, or be connected to a circuit that is regularly switched on and off.
- Children under 8 should be kept at a safe distance from the appliance if not continuously supervised.
- Children should not play with the appliance.
- The appliance can be used by those aged 8 or over and by those with limited physical, sensorial or mental capacities, without experience or knowledge of the product, only if supervised or provided with instruction as to the operation of the appliance, in a safe way with awareness of the possible risks.
- Cleaning and maintenance should not be carried out by unsupervised children.
- Do not use rough or abrasive materials or sharp metal scrapers to clean the oven door glasses, as they can scratch the surface and cause the glass to shatter.
- The oven must be switched off before removing the removable parts. After cleaning, reassemble them according to the instructions.
- Only use the meat probe recommended for this oven.
- Do not use a steam cleaner for cleaning operations.
- Connect a plug to the supply cable that is able to bear the voltage, current, and load indicated on the tag and have the earth contact. The socket must be suitable for the load indicated on the tag and must have ground contact connected and in operation. The earth conductor is yellow-green in color. This operation should be carried out by a suitably qualified professional. ln case of incompatibility between the socket and the appliance plug, ask a qualified electrician to substitute the socket with another suitable type. The plug and the socket must be conformed to the current norms of the installation country. Connection to the power source can also be made by placing an omnipolar breaker between the appliance and the power source that can bear the maximum connected load and that is in line with current legislation. The yellow-green earth cable should not be interrupted by the breaker. The socket or omnipolar breaker used for the connection should be easily accessible when the appliance is installed.
- The disconnection may be achieved by having the plug accessible or by incorporating a switch in the fixed wiring in accordance with the wiring rules.
- of the power cable is damaged, it should be substituted with a cable or special bundle available from the manufacturer or by contacting the customer service department. The type of power cable must be H05V2V2-F. This operation should be carried out by a suitably qualified professional. The earth conductor (yellow-green) must be approximately 10 mm longer than the other conductors. For any repairs, refer only to the Customer Care Department and request the use of original spare parts.
- Failure to comply with the above can compromise the safety of the appliance and invalidate the guarantee.
- Any excess of spilled material should be removed before cleaning.
- A long power supply failure during an occurring cooking phase may cause a malfunction of the monitor. ln this case contact customer service.
- The appliance must not be installed behind a decorative door in order to avoid overheating.
- When you place the shelf inside, make sure that the stop is directed upwards and in the back of the cavity. The shelf must be inserted completely into the cavity.
- WARNING: Do not line the oven walls with aluminum foil or single-use protection available from stores. Aluminum foil or any other protection, in direct contact with the hot enamel, risks melting and deteriorating the enamel of the insides.
- WARNING: Never remove the oven door seal.
- CAUTION: Do not refill the cavity bottom with water during cooking or when the oven is hot.
- No additional operation/setting is required in order to operate the appliance at the rated frequencies.
|General Instructions 4
|1.1 Safety indications
1.2 Electrical safety
1.5 Waste management
1.6 Conformity declaration
|Product Description 5
2.3 First use
|Use of the Oven 6
|3.1 Display description
3.2 Cooking modes
|Oven Cleaning and Maintenance 8
|4.1 General notes on cleaning
4.2 Self-cleaning oven with catalytic
We thank you for choosing one of our products. For the best results with your oven, you should read this manual carefully and retain it for future reference. Before installing the oven, take note of the serial number so that you can give it to the customer service staff if any repairs are required. Having removed the oven from its packaging, check that it has not been damaged during transportation. If you have doubts, do not use the oven and refer to a qualified technician for advice. Keep all of the packaging material (plastic bags, polystyrene, nails) out of the reach of children. When the oven is switched on for the first time, strong-smelling smoke can develop, which is caused by the glue on the insulation panels surrounding the oven heating for the first time. This is absolutely normal and, if it occurs, you should wait for the smoke to dissipate before putting food in the oven. The manufacturer accepts no responsibility in cases where the instructions contained in this document are not observed.
NOTE: the oven functions, properties, and accessories cited in this manual will vary, depending on the model, you have purchased.
Only use the oven for its intended purpose, that is only for the cooking of foods; any other use, for example as a heat source, is considered improper and therefore dangerous. The manufacturer cannot be held responsible for any damage resulting from improper, incorrect or unreasonable usage. The use of any electrical appliance implies the observance of some fundamental rules:
– do not pull on the power cable to disconnect the plug from the socket;
– do not touch the appliance with wet or damp hands or feet;
– in general, the use of adaptors, multiple sockets, and extension cables is not recommended;
– in case of malfunction and/or poor operation, switch off the appliance and do not tamper with it.
ENSURE THAT AN ELECTRICIAN OR QUALIFIED TECHNICIAN MAKES THE ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS. The power supply to which the oven is connected must conform with the laws in force in the country of installation. The manufacturer accepts no responsibility for any damage caused by the failure to observe these instructions. The oven must be connected to an electrical supply with an earthed wall outlet or a disconnector with multiple poles, depending on the laws in force in the country of installation. The electrical supply should be protected with suitable fuses and the cables used must have a transverse section that can ensure correct supply to the oven.
The oven is supplied with a power cable that should only be connected to an electrical supply with 220-240 Vac power between the phases or between the phase and neutral. Before the oven is connected to the electrical supply, it is important to check:
– power voltage indicated on the gauge;
– the setting of the disconnector.
The grounding wire connected to the oven’s earth terminal must be connected to the earth terminal of the power supply.
Before connecting the oven to the power supply, ask a qualified electrician to check the continuity of the power supply’s earth terminal. The manufacturer accepts no responsibility for any accidents or other problems caused by failure to connect the oven to the earth terminal or by an earth connection that has defective continuity.
NOTE: as the oven could require maintenance work, it is advisable to keep another wall socket available so that the oven can be connected to this if it is removed from the space in which it is installed. The power cable must only be substituted by technical service staff or by technicians with equivalent qualifications.
After each use of the oven, a minimum of cleaning will help keep the oven perfectly clean. Do not line the oven walls with aluminium foil or single-use protection available from stores. Aluminum foil or any other protection, in direct contact with the hot enamel, risks melting and deteriorating the enamel of the insides. In order to prevent excessive dirtying of your oven and the resulting strong smokey smells, we recommend not using the oven at a very high temperature. It is better to extend the cooking time and lower the temperature a little. In addition to the accessories supplied with the oven, we advise you only use dishes and baking molds resistant to very high temperatures.
The manufacturers have no obligation to carry this out. If the assistance of the manufacturer is required to rectify faults arising from incorrect installation, this assistance is not covered by the guarantee. The installation instructions for professionally qualified personnel must be followed. Incorrect installation may cause harm or injury to people, animals, or belongings. The manufacturer cannot be held responsible for such harm or injury. The oven can be located high in a column or under a worktop. Before fixing, you must ensure good ventilation in the open space to allow proper circulation of the fresh air required for cooling and protecting the internal parts. Make the openings specified on the last page according to the type of fitting.
Waste management and environmental protection
– the WEEE should not be treated as domestic waste;
– the WEEE should be taken to dedicated collection areas
managed by the town council or a registered company. In many countries, domestic collections may be available for large WEEEs. When you buy a new appliance, the old one can be returned to the vendor who must accept it free of charge as a one-off, as long as the appliance is of an equivalent type and has the same functions as the purchased appliance.
SAVING AND RESPECTING THE ENVIRONMENT
Where possible, avoid pre-heating the oven and always try to fill it. Open the oven door as infrequently as possible, because heat from the cavity disperses every time it is opened. For significant energy saving, switch off the oven between 5 and 10 minutes before the planned end of the cooking time, and use the residual heat that the oven continues to generate. Keep the seals clean and in order, to avoid any heat dispersal outside of the cavity. If you have an electric contract with an hourly tariff, the “delayed cooking” program makes energy saving more simple, moving the cooking process to start at the reduced tariff time slot.
Declaration of compliance
By placing the
1 Drip pan
Holds baking trays and plates.
Lateral wire grids
Clean the oven before using it for the first time. Wipe over external surfaces with a damp soft cloth. Wash all accessories and wipe inside the oven with a solution of hot water
and washing up liquid. Set the empty oven to the maximum temperature and leave it on for about 1 hour, this will remove any lingering smells of newness.
Use of the Oven
3.1 Display description
|1. Minute minder
2. Clock setting
3. Cooking time
4. End of cooking
5. Temperature or clock display
6. LCD display adjustment controls
7. Thermostat selector knob
8. Function selector knob
WARNING: the first operation to carry out after the oven has been installed or following the interruption of the power supply (this is recognizable the display pulsating and showing 12:00 ) is setting the correct time. This is achieved as follows.
- Push the central button.
- Set time with “-” “+” buttons.
- Release all buttons.
ATTENTION: The oven will only operate providing the clock is set.
|HOW TO USE
|HOW TO DEACTIVATE
|WHAT IT DOES
|WHY IT IS NEEDED
|•Push any button to stop the signal. Push the central button to return to the clock function.
|T °C suggested
|T °C range
|Function (Depends on the oven model)
|LAMP: Turns on the oven light.
|DEFROST: When the dial is set to this position. The fan circulates air at room temperature around the
frozen food so that it defrosts in a few minutes without the protein content of the food being changed
|50 ÷ MAX
50 ÷ MAX
|MULTI-LEVEL: We recommend you use this method for poultry, pastries, fish, and vegetables. Heat penetrates into the food better and both the cooking and preheating times are reduced. You can cook different foods at the same time with or without the same preparation in one or more positions. This cooking method gives even heat distribution and the smells are not mixed.
Allow about ten minutes extra when cooking foods at the same time.
|50 ÷ MAX
|COOK LIGHT: This function allows to cook in a healthier way, by reducing the amount of fat or oil required. The combination of heating elements with a pulsating cycle of air ensures a perfect baking result.
|50 ÷ MAX
|BOTTOM HEATING + FAN: The bottom heating element is used with the fan circulating the air inside the oven. This method is ideal for juicy fruit flans, tarts, quiches and pâté. It prevents food from drying and encourages rising in cakes, bread dough, and other bottom-cooked food. Place the shelf in the bottom position.
|50 ÷ MAX
|CONVENTIONAL: Both top and bottom heating elements are used. Preheat the oven for about ten minutes. This method is ideal for all traditional roasting and baking. For seizing red meats, roast beef, leg of lamb, game, bread, foil-wrapped food (papillotes), flaky pastry. Place the food and its dish on a shelf in mid position.
|50 ÷ MAX
|GRILL: use the grill with the door closed. The top heating element is used alone and you can adjust the temperature. Five minutes of preheating is required to get the elements red-hot. Success is guaranteed for grills, kebabs and gratin dishes. White meats should be put at a distance from the grill; the cooking time is longer, but the meat will be tastier. You can put red meats and fish fillets on the shelf with the drip tray underneath. The oven has two grill positions: Grill: 1800 W Barbecue: 3000 W
|50 ÷ MAX
|PIZZA – With this function hot air is circulated in the oven to ensure a perfect results for dishes such as pizza or cake.
Oven cleaning and maintenance
4.1 General notes on cleaning
The lifecycle of the appliance can be extended through regular cleaning. Wait for the oven to cool before carrying out manual cleaning operations. Never use abrasive detergents, steel wool, or sharp objects for cleaning, so as to not irreparably damage the enameled parts. Use only water, soap or bleach-based detergents (ammonia).
It is advisable to clean the glass window with an absorbent kitchen towel after every use of the oven. To remove more obstinate stains, you can use a detergent-soaked sponge, well wrung out, and then rinse with water.
OVEN WINDOW SEAL
If dirty, the seal can be cleaned with a slightly damp sponge.
Clean accessories with a wet, soapy sponge before rinsing and drying them: avoid using abrasive detergents.
After using the grill, remove the pan from the oven. Pour the hot fat into a container and wash the pan in hot water, using a sponge and washing-up liquid. If greasy residues remain, immerse the pan in water and detergent. Alternatively, you can wash the pan in the dishwasher or use a commercial oven detergent. Never put a dirty pan back into the oven.
Self-cleaning oven with catalytic
Special self-cleaning panels covered in a micro-porous coating are available as optional extras for all models. If they are fitted, the oven no longer needs to be cleaned by hand. The fat that is splattered onto the sides of the oven during roasting is eliminated by the microporous coating which breaks the fat down by catalysis and transforms it into gas. Excessive splattering may nevertheless block the pores and therefore hinder self-cleaning. The self-cleaning capacity may be restored by switching on the empty oven to the maximum for about 10-20 minutes. Do not use abrasive products, metal cleaning wads, sharp objects, rough cloths, or chemical products and detergents that may permanently damage the catalytic lining. It is a good idea to use deep roasting trays to roast fatty foods such as joints of meat etc. and to put a tray underneath the grill to catch surplus fat.If the walls of the oven are so thickly coated in grease that the catalytic lining is no longer effective remove surplus grease with a soft cloth or sponge soaked in hot water. The lining must be porous for self-cleaning to be effective.
N.B.: All catalytic linings currently on the market have a working life of about 300 hours. They should therefore be replaced after about 300 hours.
INSTRUCTION FOR REMOVAL AND CLEANING OF THE SIDE RACKS
- Remove the wire racks by pulling them in the direction of the arrows (see below)
- To clean the wire racks either put them in the dishwasher or use a wet sponge, ensuring that they are dried afterwards.
- After the cleaning process installs the wire racks in reverse order.
REMOVAL OF THE OVEN WINDOW
1. Open the front window.
2. Open the clamps of the hinge housing on the right and left sides of the front window by pushing them downwards.
3. Replace the window by carrying out the procedure in reverse.
REMOVAL AND CLEANING OF THE GLASS DOOR
- Open the oven door.
2.3.4. Lock the hinges, remove the screws and remove the upper metal cover by pulling it upwards.
5.6. Remove the glass, carefully extracting it from the oven door (NB: in pyrolytic ovens, also remove the second and third glass (if present)).
7. At the end of cleaning or substitution, reassemble the parts in reverse order.
On all glass, the indication “Pyro” must be legible and positioned on the left side of the door, close to the left-hand lateral hinge. In this way,
the printed label of the first glass will be inside the door.
CHANGING THE BULB
- Disconnect the oven from the main supply.
- Undo the glass cover, unscrew the bulb and replace it with a new bulb of the same type.
- Once the defective bulb is replaced, replace the glass cover.
|The oven does not heat up
|The clock is not set
|Set the clock
|The oven does not heat up
|The child lock is on
|Deactivate the child lock
|The oven does not heat up
|A cooking function and temperature has not been set
|Ensure that the necessary settings are correct
|No reaction of the touch user interface
|Steam and condensation on the user i interface panel
|Clean with a microfiber cloth the user interface panel to remove the condensation layer
If the furniture is covered with a bottom at the back part, provide an opening for the power supply cable
If the mounting of the plinth does not allow air circulation, to obtain the maximum performance of the oven it is necessary to create an opening of 500x10mm or the same2 surface in 5.000 mm
If the oven does not have a cooling fan, create an opening 460 mm x 15 mm
42838645 • A4 • 03.2021 • REV .0